Student Intranet Staff Intranet Accessibility Text Size: A  A  A
Unlocking Talent. Fulfilling Potential.

College Fee Concessions and Bursaries

We offer students funding support through concessions and bursaries. You need to apply in person and bring evidence with you to get a discounted fee or bursary.

Concession fees - Qualification courses

Concession fees - Community learning and wellbeing courses



Concession Fees - Qualification courses

Courses marked with a C in the course guide may have discounted fees for:

  • People receiving Job Seekers Allowance including National Insurance credits only
  • People receiving Employment Support Allowance and in the Working Related Activity Group
  • People earning less than £330 per month who intend to progress in or into employment and are in receipt of Universal Credit, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit or Income Support
  • Unemployed learners who are financial dependents of those in receipt of Working Tax Credit

We can also apply for help with your fees, travel costs and crèche if you are:

  • 20 years or over and on a low income (under £23,000 per household)
  • Unemployed


Your first full level 2 or level 3 course if you are aged 19 - 23

You may be eligible to have your course for free if it is your first full Level 2 or 3 course. This may also include some level 1 courses that will help you progress onto these courses, providing that you do not already hold a qualification at or above the level you want to study.


Free English and maths

You are eligible to study Maths and English, at all levels up to and including GCSE Level 2, free of charge, providing that you DO NOT already hold a GCSE at grade C or above.


What evidence we need

If you would like help with your fees or learner support funding, please bring to enrolment the proof needed, which should include:

  • Means-tested benefits letter, dated within three months of the course start date
  • If your household income is less than £23,000, your Council Tax bill statement for the 2016-2017 year or a copy of your tenancy agreement to confirm your living arrangements, and bank statements and payslips of every adult in your household for the last three months before the course starts.


Please ask an Enrolment Advisor at reception for further details or email


Concession Fees - Community Learning and Wellbeing courses

You can apply for a concessionary fee of 50% on courses marked with a star or a smiley face in our course guide, if your household income is under £27,000 per year AND one of the below applies to you:


  • You have mental health difficulties, including sleeplessness, anxiety or depression
  • You have a learning difficulty
  • You have a disability
  • You are unemployed on benefits
  • You are a carer
  • You are 65+ and living alone

There is a 25% discount for anyone over 70.

If you would like to apply for a 50% or 25% fee discount, please ask at reception for the simple self-declaration form.

You can apply for a 100% reduction if you have mild to moderate mental health difficulties and would like to participate in our government-funded wellbeing project promoting the benefits of adult learning on your mental health. You will need to fill in a questionnaire at the start and end of the course (only anonymised information will be shared with the project funders).

If you would like 100% of your course fees paid by participating in this Wellbeing project, please click here, or please ask at reception.



Each of the funds is limited so we can not guarantee their availablity to all students.  The funds are available to assist those learners who meet the criteria set out in the description.


The bursary is not a loan from the college and therefore does not require repayment. 


Bursary types

| Back | Print | Top |

Learner Handbook 2016-17

Where we are


Advanced Learner Loans


Funding Your Course


Upcoming Events


Hires Guide