Price: £149.00 Click here for information on help with fees
Weekdays/Time: Sat (10:00 to 15:00)Starts: 29/04/2017
End Date: 13/05/2017
Number of Weeks: 3
Tutor Approval Required? No
This intensive introductory course over three Saturdays is designed for those keen to grasp the basics of Adobe's industry-standard image manipulation software Photoshop CC. You will learn how to alter and manipulate images ready for importing into brochures, fliers, websites etc.
The course is aimed at those whose intention is to learn or brush up existing technical skills rather than to achieve a qualification.
You can enrol directly online or in person at reception.
Open to beginners
Your course will explore the power and versatility of Adobe Photoshop CC in a series of practical exercises designed to build your knowledge and develop confidence in your creative ability to use this industry-standard image manipulation program for design purposes.
Topics covered include:
- navigate the Photoshop interface
- the Photoshop toolbox
- image scanning
- image modes and file formats
- image resolution
- selection tools
- image adjustments and repair (hue, saturation, contrast etc)
- basic retouching
- using layers
- exploration of a variety of tools and techniques to transform your images creatively (filters, painting tools, layer styles etc)
- inputting text
- individual project
This course can function as a stand-alone introductory course in Photoshop CC but is also designed to be taken in conjunction with C01642 Adobe InDesign Saturday Intensive (Introduction) and C01643 Adobe Illustrator Saturday Intensive (Introduction) which follow later in the term. Combined, these three courses will give you a good fundamental knowledge of how these programs work together seamlessly to produce fliers, brochures, magazines, logos etc.
Intermediate courses in these three programs will be available subsequently so that you can continue to develop your skills and technical knowledge after completion of the introductory courses.
• If you require further course information or advice & guidance that is not answered in this outline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you would like general information about the college, for example, fees & finance, funding, term dates or opening times please email email@example.com or drop in to our main reception area.
This specialist course has been identified to run with fewer numbers due to either the student demand for the course and subject area or the need for increased one to one tuition. This course will be able to run with only 6 learners and will have a maximum of 10 in the class.
For information on course fees and
how to get additional help to pay for them look at our How to Pay for Your Course section.
If you are looking for assistance on a new career path, course choice or looking for further opportunities then speak to our Information Advice and Guidance team.