Price: £9.00 Click here for information on help with fees
Weekdays/Time: Tue (12:15 to 13:30)Starts: 28/03/2017
End Date: 28/03/2017
Number of Weeks: 1
Tutor Approval Required? No
You will learn simple effective exercises for the improvement of mobility and strength in the back, good posture and correct body alignment.
Enrolment is best carried out online.If you prefer to enrol in person you can enrol at the Parkshot centre. You can also enrol by post, payment should be by cheque made payable to Richmond Adult Community College and sent to Postal Enrolments, RACC, Parkshot, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2RE
This course is suitable for you if you have experienced a bad back and either suffer from a chronic condition or are recovering from an episode. You should be reasonably mobile and not in extreme discomfort. Students should be prepared to complete a short health questionnaire.
You will learn simple effective exercises for the improvement of mobility and strength in the back, good posture and correct body alignment. Your classes will include
• Establishment of body awareness and postural alignment through activating the core stability muscles and re-educating movement patterns
• Warm up, pulse raiser, barre work, mat/floor work and cool down with specific exercises to stretch, strengthen and improve muscle tone to help balance.
• Extending flexibility, range of movement, co-ordination and stimulating the circulation
• Gain information of the management of pain and coping with activities of daily living
• Gain knowledge of the spine, management and treatments
You should wear comfortable clothing and sports shoes. You may prefer to bring your own small towel, cushion or pillow for floor work.
You may progress to a more demanding gentle exercise or dance class such as general exercise classes, dance classes, yoga and tai chi
The tutor will work where possible on a one to one basis to assess you and give advice on how to improve.
Wear trainers and loose comfortable clothing. Students may wish to bring a small towel/cushion.
More courses can be found at www.racc.ac.uk
If you are looking for assistance on a new career path, course choice or looking for further opportunities then speak to our Information Advice and Guidance team.