This course is part of our 2016/2017 curriculum offer.
Apply now for an interview.
Click here for information on help with feesTutor Approval Required? No
A balanced approach to fitness through exercise in a relaxed atmosphere covering a warm up, pulse raiser, barre work, floor work and cool down to increase confidence in movement, a sense of achievement and feeling of well-being.
Enrolment is best carried out online.If you prefer to enrol in person you can enrol at the Parkshot centre. You can also enrol by post, payment should be by cheque made payable to Richmond Adult Community College and sent to Postal Enrolments, RACC, Parkshot, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2RE
Suitable for an older adult who enjoys moving to music. Students should be reasonably mobile and be prepared to complete a short health questionnaire.
Your course will include a warm up, pulse raiser, barre work, floor work and cool down. These will help with the following
• Encouraging good alignment, posture and balance
• Improving movement memory, co-ordination, cardiovascular health and bone density
• An increase in strength, stamina and suppleness in order to manage everyday activity
• Reduction of stiffness due to age related conditions
• Learn to mobilise joints, stretching and toning specific muscle groups
• Each lesson will have a progressive sequence of movement following a simple Laban based theme demonstrated through rhythmic movement and music.
You should wear comfortable clothing and soft flexible shoes or bare feet. You may prefer to bring your own small towel, cushion or pillow for floor work.
The tutor will advise you on an optional affiliation to the Keep Fit Association (events, training and performances)
The tutor will work where possible on a one to one basis to assess and give advice on how to improve.
Wear trainers/bare feet and loose comfortable clothing to the first class and students can bring a small towel or cushion
More courses can be found at www.racc.ac.uk
If you are looking for assistance on a new career path, course choice or looking for further opportunities then speak to our Information Advice and Guidance team.